Agriculture and beet cultivation
Since Südzucker was founded, the company has operated its own farms in Germany, and later also in Poland, Moldova and Chile, in the vicinity of the processing locations.
Cultivation of wheat, sugar beet, corn, chicory, rapeseed, soybean and other
Partly organic farming of the areas (e. g. organic sugar beets) and organic turkey production
Steady enhancement of modern farming methods and transfer of knowledge into practice
Kirschgartshausen experimental farm: further development of sugar beet cultivation methods, biodiversity
BGD Bodengesundheitsdienst GmbH
- Soil testing for all important nutrients and humus for agriculture and private use
- Mechanical, GPS-assisted soil sampling; support of site-specific fertilization
- Fertilizer advice and fertilizer requirement determination according to fertilizer ordinance
- Humus accounting and greenhouse gas accounting
- Examination of organic fertilizers
- Animal feed testing
- Plant virus testing in plant vines, hops, etc. (ELISA, PCR)
- qPCR analyses of quarantine bacterial pests of seed potatoes and beet nematodes
Marketing of by-products of sugar, starch and ethanol production.